Jacquou le Croquant Aix-en-Provence
The ambience: Nestled into a popular neighborhood, this charming restaurant is tastefully arranged across a labyrinth of rooms, including a typical Aix vaulted hall, an enjoyable patio and a peaceful rooftop terrace.
Antonia: It’s difficult to speak of this establishment without talking about Antonia Saral, the chef and owner; her commitment against junk food and her deep-rooted respect of produce have been apparent since before they were fashionable.
The notoriety: Opened in 1985 and run by the same owner since then: you can call it a sure bet!
• The kitchen’s credo: 100% fresh produce, organic vegetables, everything prepared inhouse, even the yoghurt!
• Tasting the best French meat breeds (Limousine, Aubrac, etc.).
• The Southwestern and Provençal specialties, the two regions that are close to Antonia’s heart.
• The fresh, top-quality fish always caught within the last 24 hours.
• The superb second-hand chic decor.
Lunch service: every day from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Dinner service: every day from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.